In 1912 the McFadden family donated to the city 28 acres of land overlooking Chehalis and the Coal Creek valley. The park has trails winding through its upper 18 acres and about one mile of paved/gravel roadway.
The park at one time had a covered kitchen, 12 picnic sites, play equipment and rest rooms. It was for many years the "place to be and have fun."
Constant vandalism and excessive repair costs forced the city to close the park to the public.
In 1905 the Dobson family donated to the city this 26 acres of land overlooking downtown Chehalis and the Newaukum River valley. The park was once used as a passive picnic area by many residents. Due to the lack of parking, poor road access and vandalism -- it is currently not open for public use.