In 1898 the Millett family gave to the city 3.3 acres of land at Chehalis Avenue and 3rd Street for park purposes. This was developed into a baseball field and was home of the Chehalis semi-pro team from 1906 to 1949. It was then home for a Babe Ruth program from 1950 to 1972. It was subsequently used as a main softball slowpitch field for a brief period.
The grandstands were removed in 1979 as they were rotting and becoming a public hazard.
There is a basketball court located here.