Requirements for Release of Property and Evidence
- All items retained, including jewelry and cash, must be claimed in person.
- In some rare circumstances, small items may be able to be mailed after a verification process.
- A representative may also be designated to pick up your property but must present a notarized letter verifying representation.
- In order for evidence to be returned to you, the investigator or officer responsible for your case must authorize its release. Call our department to find out if a release has been received before coming to pick up your property.
- You will need a valid ID card or driver's license for items to be released to you.
- It is always advisable to call ahead to determine if an evidence officer is available to release property. There may be times when no evidence officer is on-duty.
- For further details concerning the options available in reclaiming your property, call the Chehalis Police Department or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.