V. R. Lee Community Building ~ Rental Facility
221 SW 13th Street ( in Recreation Park) ~ Fire code max occupancy ~ 125 people
Monday - Fridays
8:00am - 4:00pm $60.00
Monday - Thursdays
5:00pm - 12:00mid $70.00
8:00am - 12:00mid $130.00
8:00am - 10:00pm $120.00
All day fee;
- Gas heat/air Thermostat located on wall next to kitchen
- Tables Twelve - 8 foot rectangular tables located in storage room next to kitchen
- Chairs 125 chairs in storage room next to front door and next to back double doors
- Coffee pot 100 cup coffee maker
- Fridge/stove/sink No kitchen utensils or cleaners provided
- Gas Fireplace Control switch located to left of fireplace on wall. Please turn off before leaving building.
- Garbage can One large garbage can and liner dispenser located next to the refrigerator, place all bagged garbage in the Lemay receptacles outside kitchen door.
- Please lock doors/drop key in black box located on the right of front door as you leave
- Coat closet is located to the right of the front door
- Wash floors with clean water only- broom, mop & pail in storage room next to the kitchen
1. Reservations may be made up to 12 months to the day in advance through the Chehalis Parks & Recreation office during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
2. Renter must be at least 21 years of age. NO SMOKING in city buildings.
3. Reservations may be made by phone or in person; however in-person customers have priority if requests received at the same time. An applicant has 10 working days after the date is requested to return the completed application along with required rental fee. If completed application form and rental fee are not received on or before the tenth day, the reservation will be automatically cancelled and reopened to others. If a reservation is made within the ten day period prior to the requested date, confirmation of the reservation will not be made until the application form and rental fee are received, and may be superseded by in-person application.
4. Covered Shelters are available to be reserved up to 12 months to the day in advance, but are only rented from April through September. Shelters are open to the public on a first come, first served basis, unless a reservation is made and rental fee paid. If a shelter has been reserved, a reserved sign will be posted onsite.
5. Chehalis Parks and Recreation reserves the right to waive charges for use by local community non-profit organizations providing a ‘Request to Waive Fee’ form is completed and approved by the Director.
RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
1. Cancellation received less than ten days before event will result in forfeiture of facility rental fee.
2. Renter may pick up the building key at the Chehalis Parks and Recreation office during regular business hours Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, or by 5:00pm on the last business day before a weekend or holiday rental. The park office is closed during the weekend.
3. Renter may access the building no earlier than one half hour prior to the start of the rental time period. Covered shelters are available on day of use at 8:00 am. Upon entry, if you find any facility or equipment problems, immediately notify the city's Parks and Facilities Division at local #360-266-7158 and enter a phone number for an employee to call you back.
4. Renter is responsible for cleaning up; locking doors, windows, placing bagged garbage in LeMay receptacles outside the VR Lee Bldg side door and placing the key in the designated key drop box at the building(s) upon completion of the event or will be subject to charges.
5. Renter must vacate the enclosed buildings or covered shelters by the end of the rental time period or will be subject to charges noted on the Assumption of Responsibility.
6. No live bands allowed. Groups planning to have music must keep exterior doors and all windows closed while music is playing.
7. Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages in city facilities is prohibited unless user has provided proof of appropriate liability insurance and has obtained a banquet permit from a state liquor store when associated with a facility rental. A banquet permit must be posted conspicuously. Any liquor use outside of the building requires special security consistent with State Liquor Laws. All beverages must be dispensed in unbreakable containers. No alcohol allowed outside rented areas. Quotes for liability insurance may be obtained online.
8. No animals allowed (except service animals) in buildings without approval. Leash law applies in all city parks.
9. The city will allow rental of designated grass areas outside the Stan Hedwall and Lintott/Alexander covered shelters for an additional fee. Use of the grass areas outside of a shelter requires a site plan showing dimensions of requested area and a description of how fencing or other methods of containment will be accomplished. Chehalis parks are open to the public at all times, unless closed seasonally. Liability insurance is required for any outdoor use. Insurance quotes may be obtained online.
10. No political banners or other prohibited signs allowed on city property outside of rented building.